First Generation, an established integrated marketing communications company in Lehigh Valley, PA, is searching for a full-time – Senior Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer for the production of video projects. Experience in other forms of communication—interactive, live events and design—is a plus.
We are looking for an extremely organized and experienced technical professional who can multi-task and thrives in a high-energy, exciting environment.
The qualified candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Communications or Media Production or equivalent and 5+ years of proven cohesive experience in editing and producing motion graphics for corporate or commercial clients. Producing, shooting, and lighting experience is a plus.
Candidates must submit a digital demo for review. Applicants without demo samples will not be considered. Candidates must have proven experience in the Adobe suite, including Premiere Pro, After Effects and Photoshop, and be able to turn ideas into detailed plans for execution with rigorous attention to detail, timelines and flawless production.
Experience in 3-D and other software programs is also helpful.
The qualified candidate will need to be experienced enough in editing to use the time allotted efficiently and estimate future projects effectively.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Offering creative and technical input in pitching video concepts by the team to clients
- Demonstrating excellent and proven technical editing and computer skills
- Demonstrating troubleshooting skills for software or hardware issues that may arise
- Staying on top of changes and improvements in editing techniques
- Inspiring and educating team members to utilize the latest trends and technology, including motion graphics, animation, stop-motion and still imagery to bring complicated subjects to life
- Overseeing editing workflow and processes within the organization
- Ability to work late hours and weekends occasionally when on deadline
- Pitching in, if needed, with additional production tasks, as assigned
Key Candidate Requirements:
- Proven track record of success conveying information and telling stories in creative ways using video, audio, motion graphics, animation, and stop-motion elements
- Demonstrated experience translating complex concepts into easy-to-understand videos
- An understanding of codecs, compression and exporting video for Web and Broadcast
- Familiarity with Closed Captioning workflows and formats Web and Broadcast
- Solid technical skills—deep familiarity with HD and 4K cameras a plus
- Ability to work in conjunction with a Creative Department to produce engaging content using their concepts and artwork
- Clear communicator with exceptional written and collaboration skills
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter clearly outlining how their skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements, along with links to at least five videos that represent the type of work described.
First Generation will only accept candidates within a 50 miles radius of Allentown, PA.
Please send link to demo, a cover letter, resume and salary requirements (required).
First Generation Offers:
Generous PTO policy
Flextime work hours policy
Health and dental insurance
Substantial incentive and performance employee bonuses
Company-contributed 401K plan
To learn more about our work and our agency culture, please visit www.firstgencom.com.
First Generation does not pay for relocation.
About First Generation: A full-service, integrated marketing communications company, First Generation defines, develops and delivers marketing campaigns for commercial, educational, industrial and corporate clients. Our services include, but are not limited to, integrated marketing, media production, event planning, web design and programming, instructional design, graphic design, editing, script/speech/copy writing, A/V, animation, and media planning and placement. First Generation, an established 30-year-old business, has offices in Allentown, PA and Washington, DC.