First Generation is a full-service integrated marketing communications company with headquarters in the Lehigh Valley and offices in Washington, DC. We are looking for a FULL-TIME, Office Manager/Bookkeeper that is willing to learn rapidly to ultimately make our team even better.
This is a multi-faceted position that includes accounting, bookkeeping and managing office policies and systems. This person must be, detail oriented, technology savvy, organized, have patience in dealing with many different personalities, and focused on completing office tasks in a timely manner. We offer solid opportunities for growth and long-term success for our staff and leadership. Salary, bonus plan, and benefits package are included.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper responsibilities:
- Process invoices and customer payments.
- Compile the sales data and productivity reports to generate company reports.
- Review all past due accounts and track their payment progress.
- Make phone contact with all past due accounts and generate the necessary written notice to the customer.
- Posting and payment of approved supplier (vendor) bills.
- Posting and payment of approved subcontractor bills.
- Reviewing projects within the system to access accurate hours and resources with account managers.
- Managing office needs, ordering supplies, understanding insurance and helping to on-board new employees with company policies and systems.
- Keeping record of vacation and illness days for employees.
- Ensure federal accreditation and certificates are up-to-date.
- Greeting visitors and answering phones in a welcoming and professional manner
- Proficient and proven general accounting skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Excel skills
- Knowledge of Advantage Software, an agency management and financial software tool, is A HUGE PLUS!
- Data entry skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of customers
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proofreading skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Administrative and professional writing skills
- Strong phone contact and active listening skills
- Bachelors or Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent in experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in bookkeeping or office management
- This position requires a certified background check on criminal records and past employment verification.
Our very diverse client list includes Crayola, Olympus, Mack Trucks and the United States Government, among many others.