First Generation, an established Lehigh Valley Advertising Agency in Lehigh Valley, PA, is searching for a full-time Motion Graphics Editor to join our team. This person must have proven experience in 2D motion graphics, animation, and video editing. Knowledge of 3D animation is a plus. They must be an extremely organized, creative, and experienced professional who can multi-task and thrive in a high-energy environment.
- High-level knowledge and real-world experience concerning the craft of 2D motion graphics is required. Should have the ability to develop innovative concepts to help tell stories, convey information, and support ideas through animation—from standalone animated videos, to supporting motion graphics in videos, and everywhere in between.
- The applicant must also possess a strong ability in the field of video editing to create stories dynamically with footage in addition to 2D animation skills. Knowledge of 3D animation is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work well within a team—collaborating with graphic designers in developing assets to animate; working with editors to integrate motion graphics into videos; working with other members of the creative team, such as writers, art directors, and videographers, to ideate and help bring concepts to life; and working with project managers and account executives to assist in planning, budgeting, and delivery of projects.
- The applicant must be able to receive and interpret feedback from a wide variety of sources and be able to meet project deadlines throughout the entire timeline of the project. The ability to work on and plan projects to incorporate changes and meet deadlines is vital.
- A very high level of experience and expertise in Adobe After Effects is a must. Also critical is knowledge of related applications in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite—Premiere, Media Encoder, Photoshop, Illustrator—as these products are used every day.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and at least five years of video production experience working as a professional with corporate clients
- Familiarity with all aspects of video production
- Ability to work with a production team on innovative approaches to capturing stories
- Social media development experience and ability to provide art direction based on brand equities and requirements
- Understanding brand work and how to turn client creative briefs into executable content
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, professional corporate environment; being proactive and working on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and interact with high-level corporate executives
- Could potentially work with team members on video production in studio and field environments
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn, take online tutorials, and continually grow
- Must treat deadlines with a sense of urgency, work well under pressure, and possess a high degree of adaptability
- Basic IT skillset – ability to troubleshoot computer issues, perform updates, and keep the system optimized is a plus
- Project demos or personal website with corporate or commercial examples required
- Provide samples showcasing proficiency with editing and motion graphics software (Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop)
- Must stay on top of trends and show new, groundbreaking styles in demo reel
Interested candidates must link to a demo reel. Those without work samples will not be considered.
First Generation will only accept candidates within a 50 miles radius of Allentown, PA.
Please send link to demo reel, a cover letter, resume and salary requirements (required)
First Generation Offers:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO policy
- Compensation time
- Flextime work hours policy
- Healthcare and dental insurance
- Substantial incentives and performance-based employee bonuses
- Company-contributed 401k plan
First Generation does not pay for relocation