Graphic Design Intern
Overview: First Generation’s internship program is designed to allow students to explore a career in marketing and agency work while getting hands-on experience in the field. Interns assist our team in developing strategic marketing initiatives, from concepts to finished design. This individual will work under the supervision of the Creative Director, and will work in conjunction with the Account and Video teams, as needed.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, with a personal lunch break from 12 noon to 1:00 pm.
These hours are subject to some flexibility, and shall be agreed upon by FG and the candidate at time of hiring.
Compensation: Interns are eligible to receive academic credit.
Skills and Specifications Requested:
- Junior or Senior in college majoring in Design or Communications
- Well-versed in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, as well as Microsoft PowerPoint
- A desire to learn and contribute with an upbeat, positive attitude
- A team player who enjoys collaborating with an energetic creative group
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and is well-organized
- The ability to adapt quickly regarding deadlines, assignments, and client feedback
- Participate in creative brainstorms and strategy meetings
- Attend client meetings and kickoff sessions, as needed
- Conduct research on visual trends, imagery, etc.
- Design and develop creative concepts based on the provided art direction
- Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Support other members of the team by pitching in when needed
Note: Interested candidates must link to a portfolio or upload a sample sheet.
Those without work samples will not be considered.