First Generation is currently looking for an experienced Account Manager (AM) for the agency’s Account Team. As an Account Manager, you’ll act as an important link between First Generation and our clients. You’ll use your organizational skills and strong relationship with the client to support current business and help grow future business, manage client relationships, and accept responsibility for the preservation and expansion of our client base.
The Account Manager (AM) collaborates with the agency partners on the development and execution of creative campaigns and individual client projects, assigned by client. The ideal AM must thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, have exceptional organizational skills, have a proactive attitude, excellent people skills, and a sincere interest in the client(s) business. The AM is responsible for ensuring that the agency output meets the agency and client objectives and deadlines and achieves the agency standard of quality.
The ideal AM will have talent in, meeting client needs in marketing and advertising, understanding the sales cycle, and experience in customer service. We expect you to be a reliable professional, able to achieve balance between customer satisfaction and a results-driven approach. The goal is to maintain and grow pillar accounts and find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction.
- Strengthens client relationships through partnership with the client and value-added strategy
- Gain familiarity with the client’s industry, products, business culture and competition
- Have concrete understanding of advertising, digital, and media industry trends/developments and uses this knowledge to present business-building ideas for the client and the agency
- Represents agency at live and virtual industry events and trade shows to find prospective clients and employees while emanating a professional manner and appearance
- Out-going self-starter that is ready to hit the ground running
- Responsible for budgets, and deadlines for creative campaigns and individual client projects
- May participate in any phase of the project cycle, including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, training, and closure
- Manages the products, services, and advertising requirements of each assigned client
- Oversees orderly and timely completion of project work
- Develops project proposals/timelines, budgets, advertising, and media plans with oversight from Account Service leadership team
- Facilitates all administrative duties including: weekly status reports, project documentation, client billing, and internal job management — including conference reports within 24 hours of a meeting
- Coordinates and executes internal meetings, partner and client meetings (i.e. Creative kickoffs, brand immersions, weekly client meetings, project postmortem), etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university (preferably in marketing, advertising or related field)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail, reliability, and great energy
- Concrete knowledge of marketing program development and implementation
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft 365 programs Excel, PowerPoint Outlook and Word required
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Ability to grow pillar accounts and find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction, while marinating sales quotas.
- Prior proven sales experience
- Clients, leads, and contacts from prior position highly compensated
Summary of Experience:
- 4-6 years proven experience in Advertising/Marketing agency or in-house creative agency